Here’s something really easy to do and your family won’t know if it’s a savory or a sweet. It’s amazing how a little olive oil, salt and pepper can transform a squash into something tasty and elegant. Brush on a little brown sugar, and garlic that has been sautéed in butter and broil it and see how this amps it up a bit more. By the way, it has not gone unnoticed that today is the day of the pumpkin, but I am sure that she will share herself with her cousin- the butternut squash. Enjoy!!!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Brown Sugar, Butter and Garlic Glaze
Butternut Squash, cut in half lengthwise, ends cut off and seeds scooped out
Olive oil, salt and pepper-tossed over the squash
Roast in oven at 450 till fork tender- about 45 minutes to an hour. Check every 10 minutes after
Meanwhile, sauté 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of butter till mixed in and add 1 garlic clove-minced and sauté for 2 minutes more.
After squash is fork tender, brush on Sugar, Butter, Garlic Glaze and broil on high for 5 minutes.
- Butternut Squash Risotto (bakingfanatic.wordpress.com)
- Butternut Squash Blondies (honestfoodie.wordpress.com)
- Berlin Girl – or how to tackle that ripening pumpkin/butternut squash (ooberkltd.wordpress.com)
- Crustless Butternut Squash Pie (wasafaty.wordpress.com)
- A Fall Recipe: Roasted Butternut Squash (ohsnapletseat.com)
- Butternut Squash with Brown Butter Sage Sauce (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)