1 pound linguine or spaghetti
2 TBS olive oil, divided
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 zucchini, cut in half vertically
8 ounces mushroom cut in half
2 tsp garlic powder
2 TBS brown sugar
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 TBS Hot Chili sauce or Sweet Chili sauce whichever you prefer
1 Tsp ginger powder
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
1. Boil noodles till desired to bite.
2. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, Chili sauce, and ginger; whisk to combine; set aside.
3. In a another saute pan, heat over medium heat, add 1 TBS olive oil. Add beaten eggs and red pepper flakes and stir to scramble the eggs. Once cooked, set aside with pasta.
4. In saute pan, heat remaining 1 TBS oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
5. Turn heat down to low, add pasta and eggs back to pot, then pour the sauce mixture over the top. Stir well to coat pasta and vegetables with sauce. Remove from heat, add peanuts, green onions, stir to combine.
6. Serve immediately.
On another note, you can add grilled or sautéed chicken or beef to the noodle dish. Makes an excellent potluck dish.